The Friendship Force of Manitoba was founded in 1997. We have approximately 50 members and usually host up to 20 ambassadors. The James Richardson International Airport (YWG) is located in Winnipeg and hosts provide transportation for ambassadors to and from the airport.
Friendship Force Manitoba is one of three clubs located in the province of Manitoba, two of which are based in Winnipeg. A short drive east from Winnipeg brings you to the Centre of Canada Park which, symbolically, bridges eastern and western Canada. The name of the capital city, Winnipeg, comes from the Cree word for muddy waters. We welcome ambassadors to enjoy our four distinct seasons: beautiful springtime (March to May), sunny summer (June to September), colourful autumn (October and November) and snowy winter (December to February).
A typical journey could consist of a visit to:
- The Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Qaumajuq Gallery of Inuit Art
- An Arctic exhibit which includes Polar Bears at the Assiniboine Park Zoo
- The Forks–a historical site where the Assiniboine River flows into the Red River
- A visit to St. Boniface, the largest Francophone community in Western Canada
- A day in rural Manitoba to visit a Hutterite Colony or the Mennonite Heritage Village